Hey all Dawn again! In nearly every post I do reference the term “making the switch”. I think most people understand the basic point of the statement to mean switching off burning tobacco and on to A Clean Cigarette brand e-cigs, but what does it really mean to switch and why do it in the first place? To really understand the magnitude of making the switch and what it can mean to you and your family let’s look at what you will be switching off from and what you will be switching on to.
What is a burning tobacco cigarette? What is really in it? Why does it matter?
What is it: Paper and leaf combined with 600+ ingredients then lit on fire to deliver nicotine via inhalation. Produces upwards of 4,000 chemicals in its final burning state.
So most of us know exactly what a burning tobacco cigarette looks like. We also know there is a lot of ingredients in them, but the exact list is not really common knowledge. Take a look at this.
What’s in it:
• Acetanisole • Acetic Acid • Acetoin • Acetophenone • 6-Acetoxydihydrotheaspirane
• 2-Acetyl-3- Ethylpyrazine • 2-Acetyl-5-Methylfuran • Acetylpyrazine • 2-Acetylpyridine
• 3-Acetylpyridine • 2-Acetylthiazole • Aconitic Acid • dl-Alanine • Alfalfa Extract
• Allspice Extract,Oleoresin, and Oil • Allyl Hexanoate • Allyl Ionone • Almond Bitter Oil
• Ambergris Tincture • Ammonia • Ammonium Bicarbonate • Ammonium Hydroxide
• Ammonium Phosphate Dibasic • Ammonium Sulfide • Amyl Alcohol • Amyl Butyrate
• Amyl Formate • Amyl Octanoate • alpha-Amylcinnamaldehyde • Amyris Oil
• trans-Anethole • Angelica Root Extract, Oil and Seed Oil • Anise
• Anise Star, Extract and Oils • Anisyl Acetate • Anisyl Alcohol • Anisyl Formate
• Anisyl Phenylacetate • Apple Juice Concentrate, Extract, and Skins
• Apricot Extract and Juice Concentrate • 1-Arginine • Asafetida Fluid Extract And Oil
• Ascorbic Acid • 1-Asparagine Monohydrate • 1-Aspartic Acid • Balsam Peru and Oil
• Basil Oil • Bay Leaf, Oil and Sweet Oil • Beeswax White • Beet Juice Concentrate
• Benzaldehyde • Benzaldehyde Glyceryl Acetal • Benzoic Acid, Benzoin • Benzoin Resin
• Benzophenone • Benzyl Alcohol • Benzyl Butyrate • Benzyl Cinnamate
• Benzyl Propionate • Benzyl Salicylate • Bergamot Oil • Bisabolene
• Black Currant Buds Absolute • Borneol • Bornyl Acetate • Buchu Leaf Oil
• 1,3-Butanediol • 2,3-Butanedione • 1-Butanol • 2-Butanone
• Butter, Butter Esters, and Butter Oil • Butyl Acetate • Butyl Butyrate
• Butyl Butyryl Lactate • Butyl Isovalerate • Butyl Phenylacetate • Butyl Undecylenate
• 3-Butylidenephthalide • Butyric Acid] • Cadinene • Caffeine • Calcium Carbonate
• Camphene • Cananga Oil • Capsicum Oleoresin • Caramel Color • Caraway Oil
• Carbon Dioxide • Cardamom Oleoresin, Extract, Seed Oil, and Powder
• Carob Bean and Extract • beta-Carotene • Carrot Oil • Carvacrol • 4-Carvomenthenol
• 1-Carvone • beta-Caryophyllene • beta-Caryophyllene Oxide
• Cascarilla Oil and Bark Extract • Cassia Bark Oil • Cassie Absolute and Oil
• Castoreum Extract, Tincture and Absolute
• Cedar Leaf Oil • Cedarwood Oil Terpenes and Virginiana • Cedrol
• Celery Seed Extract, Solid, Oil, And Oleoresin • Cellulose Fiber
• Chamomile Flower Oil And Extract • Chicory Extract • Chocolate
• Cinnamaldehyde • Cinnamic Acid • Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Bark Oil, and Extract
• Cinnamyl Acetate • Cinnamyl Alcohol • Cinnamyl Cinnamate • Cinnamyl Isovalerate
Okay this is the list at only half way through the C’s, but we think you get our point. There is a ton of stuff in them, and most of it is just plain bad for you. If you are interested in the ENTIRE list check out this LINK HERE. As bad as many of those ingredients are, not found in this list is a byproduct of burning tobacco that causes a huge amount of health issues. That byproduct of course is tar.
Tar is a major part of the burning tobacco delivery system. It simply cannot be produced by e-cigarettes, and it is thought to be the main thing that causes the black lung you see pictured to the left here. The tar sticks to tiny hairs in the lungs called cilia. When these tiny hairs are “stuck” they cannot do what they were designed to do, which is clean out your lungs of poisons and toxins found in everyday air. So not only do all the harmful parts of the cigarette get stuck in your lungs, so does the random bad for you things found in life such as dust and pollution. Yuck!
Why does that matter? Unless you have been living under a rock for the last few decades, you know how bad for you burning cigarettes are. There is no getting around it. They are deadly. You will not be able to find a single reputable study, doctor or paper that claims cigarettes are anything but deadly. But, how deadly are they? Well in just the cancer risks alone (and there are a TON of other risks) burning tobacco is reported to be responsible for 80-90% of lung cancers. Take a look at the image to the right to get an idea of just how deadly lung cancer is compared to the 3 other top cancers that cause death.
What is an electronic cigarette? What is really in it? Why does it matter?
What is it: What are E-Cigarettes. Well, I cannot speak on other brands, but here at A Clean Cigarette we describe an E-Cigarette as the 21st century’s answer to nicotine delivery. As a whole, we have been using the traditional paper and fire version of cigarettes for far too long. We now have technology that can do just about anything, why not deliver nicotine? To be more specific though, electronic cigarettes are battery operated devices that create a mist or vapor that is inhaled instead of tar filled smoke. The rechargeable battery powers a heating element. The heating element uses that power to create low heat, turning the liquid in the cartridge which contains propylene glycol, glycerin, food flavoring and nicotine into the vapor we inhale. Our product has two sections plus a charger which are the battery and the cartridge. The cartridge is the part you can consider your “cigarettes” and the battery is the “lighter”. Our e-cigarettes are Cig-a-like style so they match as closely as possible the burning tobacco product people are switching off of.
What’s in it: So the list of ingredients in an A Clean Cigarette is fairly short:
Propylene Glycol / Vegetable Glycerin
Here is something to think about, there is NOTHING in an e-cig NOT found in a burning cigarette. On the other hand there are over 595 ingredients in a burning cigarette you cannot find in an electronic one.
Let’s break it down. If you were at the store shopping for your family and you wanted to buy fruit juice which brand would you want, the one with two ingredients, water and fruit juice from concentrate, or the one with 10 ingredients including dyes and preservatives? Most of us strive for the smaller list of ingredients. We just understand that the less we put into our bodies the better we feel. Why wouldn’t the same hold true for anything we put into our bodies?
Why does that matter? We are in an age were everything is being updated. Technology is racing forward at light speed. That’s all making the switch is really about, updating to the 21st century. Now we understand change is hard. When we are used to something, it feels familiar and “normal”. So did the horse and buggy in the early 1900’s, but I for one am thankful they made the switch to automobiles. As uncomfortable as change can be, sometimes it’s the best course of action.
While we are not saying our 5 ingredient e-cigarette is a health product, we are saying that the list of ingredients found in burning tobacco is ridiculous. It would literally be a shorter list if I just put down things NOT in a burning cigarette! That fact drives me crazy. We always hear how bad for us e-cigs are, and if you are a non-smoker that’s true, but for those of you who are smoking the crazy amount of crap shoved into a burning tobacco cigarette think about it. How can we be anywhere near that level of bad?
So, I hope with all this information that it seems logical to you to make the switch. Now you know exactly why and what the switch is all about. Keep the nicotine, just update the delivery mechanism. Join the 21st century. Thank you so much for stopping into my blog. You are appreciated! If you would like to contact me directly drop me an email at AccAnswers@gmail.com or for more information on A Clean Cigarette visit acleancigarette.com to see our webpage. Have a rocking night, and I hope to see you soon!!